At August Haven, we are delighted to offer the area's most unique collection of urban contemporary, vintage and antique home furnishings and accessories. It is our goal to inspire, surprise and delight our customers with one-of-a-kind items that have everyday purpose. Our look is timeless but new, chic but family friendly, and truly relevant to the way we live today. It is our hope August Haven provides you with the best opportunity possible for you to enjoy the unique, rewarding experience of participating on a world class, high functioning team!
To inspire every customer to own home furnishings that make their home a true reflection of their authentic self.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate the company's guiding principles by:
- Committing to be better every day
- Getting it right the first time
- Under promising and over delivering
- Owning any customer concern of which a customer brings to your attention and taking personal responsibility for prompt resolution
- Taking personal responsibility in the elimination of non-quality signals, wherever they are noticed
- Treating all company property and inventory with respect and care
- Creating and maintaining accountable 'win-win' relationships with all stakeholders
- Finding enjoyment in the work we do and giving back to the communicate we serve
- Provide clients and third party Designers with comprehensive design expertise utilizing the August Haven and WG&R Furniture inventory
- Provide floor plan sketches and in home consultations
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a 2 year degree in Interior Design, ASID Certification a plus
- Retail sales and/or customer service experience required
- Prior retail design experience desired
- Must be available to work a varying schedule to include retail hours. August Haven is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday's from 10am-7pm, Thursdays from 10am-8pm and Saturdays from 11am-5pm
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company contributions into your Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company funded Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k plan with company match. 401k plan includes pre-tax and Roth options
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their family members
- Employee Discount
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
Come work for an organization who wants to see you succeed both personally and professionally!
Best said by our President/CEO Jim Greene, "It's my hope you will take initiative and our opportunities match up with your strengths and you will spend your career on our team. Moreover, that you will look back on your career someday and know you realized your full potential personally and professionally".